Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monthly Backup on NT Client

2001-04-19 16:16:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monthly Backup on NT Client
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:16:08 -0700 (PDT)
Well, if he/she can wait until the next Version of NBU,
you will be able to implement calandar based backup
scheduling.

Until then, I think I'd question why the NT admin
doesn't want to use an NT core util like AT for doing
this 'special' scheduling?

I can't think of a way to 'rig' the current
implementation of the Netbackup scheduler to do what
you are asking...

Do you have an NT or Unix Master?

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
---------------------------------------
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting

Quoting Charles R Somogyi <charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com>:

> All:
>
> We have an NT administrator that is asking to make
the first
> Saturday's FULL the monthly backup (with a 13 month
retention as
> opposed to the weekly retention of 1 month). The
admin does not
> want to run user directed backups (does not want to
administer
> the AT Scheduler or install 3rd party product). Does
anybody have
> any idea how to automate the process of making the
first
> Saturday's backup the monthly (or the one with the
monthly
> retention)? There will be 300 NT machines that need
this process
> in place so it cannot be a manual process to change
the retention
> on the tapes used on the first Saturday. This would
be so much
> easier if the scheduler in NetBackup could be used as
a scheduler