Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ndmp Schedule

2001-04-19 14:57:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ndmp Schedule
From: Douglas.Ritschel AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:57:44 -0400
Can anyone explain the following?

I have Netbackup set to perform a Full backup on the first Sunday of the
month and a Cumulative Incremental Backups on the rest of the days of
the month. So The Full backup was made on the first day of April. I can
see from the logs that the Cumulative Incrementals started out small and
grew about two gigs a day. Yesterday, I changed the names of the
Schedules, leaving all of the attributes the same. I see on one NetApp,
that the size of the Cumulative Incremental grew by the usual 2 gigs,
but on the other NetApp, it looks like all files were backed up (the
size of the Cumulative Incremental Backup on this NetApp is the same as
the size of the Full Backup done at the beginning of the month).

--
Douglas Ritschel
Fujitsu Network Communications