Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring an entire pool

2001-04-16 20:51:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring an entire pool
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:51:26 -0700
I'm trying to expire an entire pool.  Here's the path I took....

bpmedialist -p Offsite | sed 's/  */:/g' | tail +6 >
/tmp/imagelist.offsite

This gets me the colon delimited file with all my media ID's for the
offsite pool minus the pesky header.  Now my problem is getting rid of
the blank line between each media ID, anyone know how to do that?  I
know this is almost purely a scripting question but many of you are
decent or better scripters, and I fall into the "I know what a script
looks like.....generally" category.

Once I get that I will work on passing it to bpexpdate with the return
sequence so it's fully automated.

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy