Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Finding tapes written to....

2001-04-16 18:18:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Finding tapes written to....
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:18:00 -0700
I am trying to figure out the best way to get my offsite backups
automated.  Meaning, automate the deciphering of what, when, and where
and then ejecting them.

Here's what I'm thinking so far......

Use vmquery on my pool (Offsite, original huh?) and redirect the output
to a file.  Use sed on the file to put it in delimited format and grep
for any mount in the last week.  Take the first field of that line
(media id) and cat it to another file which is the input for tpeject.

Am I re-inventing the wheel?  I looked at the eject_offsite_tape script
but it assumed way more than I am trying to do.  Is the above the
easiest method or is there another Veritas command that actually does
what I'm attempting without the acrobatics (wouldn't be the first
time..)?

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy