Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate question

2001-04-16 09:48:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate question
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com (TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:48:59 -0500
I'm in the process of creating some bpduplicate scripts to use for sending
tapes offsite.

bpduplicate -dstunit STK-9710 -client omhq1376 -sl PROD084_HOT_BACKUP -dp
OffSite -class PROD084 -s `date +%m/%d/%y` -e `date +%m/%d/%y`

We plan on running this on a daily basis and ejecting the tapes from the
library.

echo | vmchange -res -e -m $TAPE1 -mt dlt

Will the duplication process always occur on a tape that has no other images?
Will the duplication process look for a tape that already has duplicate
 copies on it?

Thanks,
Terry