Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape duplication activity

2001-04-13 14:00:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape duplication activity
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:00:13 -0500
Steve Robb wrote:

> Is there any way to see if there is tape duplication activity underway at
> any point in time? I'd like to set up some scripts to automate the
> duplication process but not being able to see the activity in the activity
> monitor seems to be a downside to automating it.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Steve Robb
> Director of Voice and Data Services
> (763)-268-6680
> steve_robb AT cnt DOT com

What you have to show dupes are active are 1) The name of the script
kicking off the duplicate (if you have a script kicking off the
duplicate) in the process table 2) The 'bpduplicate' process doing the
actual duplication and 3) The bpduplicate log specified with the -L flag
to bpduplicate. I would strongly suggest you use the -v in conjunction
with the -L option to bpduplicate. With the -v you'll see the tapes that
it is currently using. I implemented a duplicate script without -v and
when duplicating a large image which used several tapes would only show
the first tape it needed. Now it shows each tape as it uses it.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)