Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Management

2001-04-13 10:35:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Management
From: shyamdayal AT usa DOT net (shyam hazari)
Date: 13 Apr 2001 08:35:00 MDT
Hello Admins,

            Simple question(not for me) on tape management.  Whenever I load
new tapes by default it goes to NetBackup pool. But I want to change it to
ScratchPool.  As it very tedious to add tapes to each volume pool(I have
twentyof them), all the pools will pull their tapes from ScratchPool. Now my
question is

1)How do I change the default Volume Pool from NetBackup to ScratchPool  and
is it advisable to change the default pool ?

2)If I don't want to mess around with system parameters by changing the
default volume pool, do I have any other option ?

3) When I do an inventory on the robot, if I change the update option to point
to  ScratchPool, is it going to change the volume pool for all the tapes in
the robot  or is it changing only for the newly added tapes ?
I can test the the third option but I do not have direct access to the backup
server and tape library.

 I appreciate y'r help

Thank you very much

Shyam Hazari,