Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I force an image to be compressed?

2001-04-11 15:12:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I force an image to be compressed?
From: ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com (Ravi Channavajhala)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:12:43 -0400 (EDT)
Tru /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimage -compress -allclients.
As for why the backup images are not being compressed, I personally
ran into the same situation, but couldnt isolate a pattern.  Be
careful not to run compression while backups are active, selectively
you can run compression on certain backup images too.

What I also noticed is, when you request a recover, and the recover
file is indexed in one of the compressed catalogs, it will uncompress
it, but never compresses it back again until the netbackup db cycle
kicks in.

-ravi