Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup authorization and user permissions

2001-04-11 14:04:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup authorization and user permissions
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
Quoting "Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca]"
<AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca>:

> I just read through chapter 8 Additional Setup of the
NetBackup
> administrators guide, as I was informed that this
section dealt with
> allowing various users different levels of permission.
>
> It seems to make a start of doing so, but it does not
get into how to fine
> tune the permissions. It details how to set up
authorization and
> authentication, but stops before telling how to give
certain users rights
> certain functions.
>
> Has anyone set up NetBackup with different users with
different access
> levels? Before I begin to make a plan for this, I
need to first make sure
> that it is in fact possible, and review how it is
done.

> Jason
bu

Jason:

Are you talking about vopie?

David
David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting