Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Data and Network Buffer sizes

2001-04-11 11:20:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Data and Network Buffer sizes
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:20:12 -0700 (PDT)
Quoting Paul Gimpelev <paulg AT cdcna DOT com>:

> I have a question on that subject. The Veritas paper
mentioned here tells
> how
> to increase the buffer on the Unix side, but makes a
vague mention of NT.
> How
> do you increase it on the NT side?  Is it a registry
setting or a file?
> Any
> recommeded settings or adverse experiences?
>
> paulg
bu

Paul:

I failed to mention NT in my earlier response.
However, those changes may be done in the same fashion
on NT as they are in UNIX.  I know you can do it in the
Registry if you want, but I'm an old school guy and
prefer that Unix style method.

David Chapa

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting