Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate speed

2001-04-10 15:40:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate speed
From: frederick.coutret AT par.sita DOT int (Frédérick Coutret)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:40:22 -0400
Hi,

I'm using bpduplicate to create duplicate images on OFFSITE tapes.
But the dulication is really slow compared to the backup speed.
We use 9840 FCAL tape drives and the max speed is 1 MB/s ( using 2 tape
drives on the same master server 3.2).
the SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS is set to 262144 which is the recommended buffers size
for this kinf of tape drive.

Does anyone has an idea ?

Thanks,
Frederick