Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Gracefully dismounting DLTs

2001-04-10 12:44:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Gracefully dismounting DLTs
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:44:47 -0500
Whenever I need one of my 10 DLT drives serviced, I want to keep all
drives on the same bus off-line. My problem is that I have duplications
usually running on 6 of the 10 drives. Is there a way to gracefully have
the tapes that are being used for duplication unload and continue their
duplication using an unused drive on a different bus?

Environment: Solaris 2.6 NetBackup 3.4 Master/Media server, STK 9710
w/10 DLT7000 drives

Thanks,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)