Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drives going down randomly

2001-04-06 17:50:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drives going down randomly
From: jeff.boleman AT andersencorp DOT com (Boleman, Jeff)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:50:09 -0500
What Patch Level? What hardware?

Jeff Boleman
Systems Administrator III
Andersen Corporation
jboleman AT andersencorp DOT com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Channavajhala [mailto:ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 3:27 PM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Hi All,

Since the upgrade to Veritas DataCenter 3.4, I'm running into
an issue where the drives are going down very randomly.
Has any one experienced similar problems?  The tape silo is
STK-9710, total 10 drives.  I had STK replace the drives
which reported being 'down' and did all the necessary maintenance.
At this point, I like to see if any one has other suggestions?

I've tried virtually every trick in the book, so tpconfig etc.,
are already done.  While we are at this topic, can anyone list
all the possible scenarios where NB software can down a perfectly
healthy drive, e.g., media mount problems etc.,  Thanks.

-ravi