Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drives going down randomly

2001-04-06 16:59:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drives going down randomly
From: Douglas.Ritschel AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 16:59:17 -0400
I have Veritas DataCenter 3.4, using a Breecehill Q6.210 (6 Quantum
7000's, 210 slot silo). Veritas kept randomly downing the drives every
day. What eventually fixed the problem was adjusting the picker inside
the tape library. When the Picker pulled a tape out of a drive and tried
to place the tape into it's slot in the silo, the bottom corner of the
tape would hit the bottom corner of the slot. After a couple of retries,
it would place the tape back in the drive, and Veritas would down the
drive. The picker had this problem with about half the slots in the
Library.