Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Path length issues

2001-04-05 14:49:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Path length issues
From: curtis AT backupcentral DOT com (W. Curtis Preston)
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 11:49:15 -0700
I'm going to guess that these are NetApps?  NetApp uses a modified dump for
their NDMP backup format.  I know that standard dump has a path length of
1023 characters.  Perhaps they haven't worked around limitation if their
modified dump format.  This is really a question for NetApp support (or
whomever is the NAS vendor).

Also, it's not NetBackup that's aborting the job, AFAIK.  It's the dump
command on the NetApp side.  It's barfing as soon as it sees a file like that.