Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STK 9710 silo firmware

2001-04-04 12:48:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STK 9710 silo firmware
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:48:12 -0500
Jonathan Meyer wrote:

> I saw a note on this mailing list saying not to use the 2.x rev of
> firmware for STK 9710 silos.  I looked on the compatibility charts
> from veritas and saw that these most current revs are not listed as
> supported.
>
> Does anyone know what the problems are with the 2.x firmware from STK?
> Has anyone experienced problems?
>
> I also noticed that the current firmware for DLT7000's is not listed
> in the compatibility chart.  I believe, the current firmware is 2565.
> The chart only shows the previous rev, 245F.  Any known issues with
> the new DLT firmware?
>
> Thanks.

> Jonathan Meyer
> (781)370-6594
> UNIX Systems Administrator
> Paramtric Technology Corporation

I was the one who advised against the STK 2.x firmware. I tested it
against NetBackup 3.4 successfully, but with NetBackup 3.2 it didn't
recognize its DLT drives. It would 'see' them, but once you tried to use
a tape the drives would go down. This test really wasn't necessary
though. Why? It hasn't been tested by Veritas and put on the
compatibility lists for any version of NetBackup.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)