Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup cleint daemon takin 33% CPU utilization time

2001-04-04 12:29:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup cleint daemon takin 33% CPU utilization time
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:29:13 -0700 (PDT)
No, none of the daemons should be running on the
client.

They are only spawned when the backup server connects
on port 13782 to 'tell it' there is a backup/restore to
be done.

Quoting adamlapizza <adamlapizza AT hotmail DOT com>:

> Hi all,
>
> We have an IBM AIX 4.2 running netbackup client 3.4.
my question is
> should the backup daemon be running constantly on a
Client box ??
> Secondly, if this daemon is supposed to be running,
how much CPU, should > it be using when there are no
backups running on it ?? we have the > daemon is taking
33% of the CPU utilization time

> Thanks,
>
> Adam

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting