Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unfreezing media

2001-04-02 14:03:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unfreezing media
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
When you need to affect the condition of a piece of
media like that, you need to specify the media server
that 'owns' it.

so the error you received was accurate, when run from
the master server.  however, if you were to run that
same command from the master server with a
-h MEDIASERVER, it would have worked.

bpmedia -unfreeze -ev DDDDDD -h MEDIASERVER

This condition is recorded in the mediaDB database on
the media server.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
---------------------------------------
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting

Quoting "Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca]"
<AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca>:

> Two servers, one master, one media. Command was run
from Master server,
> where the netbackup DB is. Solaris 7, 64bit,
NetBackup 3.4.1DC

> However, now that you've mentioned that, I tried it
from the Media server,
> and it seems to have worked...
>
> Thanks
>
> Jason