Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client support

2001-03-28 13:22:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client support
From: llabonte AT att DOT com (Labonte, L R (Leo), SITS)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:22:06 -0500
Folks,

Yes, this continues to be a weakness of NetBackup.
Product development races ahead and leaves legacy
backup clients behind.  We are having problems
installing both Solaris 2.5 and SunOS4 clients,
because we are at NBU v3.4.  We know that the
Solaris 2.5 and SunOS4 client code is compatible
with v3.4, because we run v3.4 with clients installed
under NBU v3.1.1 and v3.2.  We copied the Solaris 2.5
client directory from NBU v3.2, but we did not
copy the SunOS4 client directory from NBU v3.1.1.
Consequently, we can add no new SunOS4 clients
unless we set up a NBU v3.1.1 server and copy
over the client code.

We have requested that Veritas engineering put all
client code, including that for legacy clients,
on a ftp site in the form of a tar ball that we
can download.  This way we can pick and choose
without having to install older versions of NBU
ourselves.  The good news is that the old client
code appears to be compatible with NBU v3.4.

        Leo Labonte
        AT&T