Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tar restore problem

2001-03-28 09:34:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tar restore problem
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 06:34:34 -0800 (PST)
Is this an MPX image that you are trying to restore
with GNU tar?

When you Multiplex, you lose the tar compatible
header.  the images however, can be de-multiplexed by
using bpduplicate to duplicate those images to another
piece of media.

David

Quoting MarkHall AT halifax.co DOT uk:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to perform a restore using gnu tar I can
see the header which
> has
> just the media id in it. When I try to restore I get
the following message

> Halifax Group Treasury & Wholesale Banking is a
division of Halifax plc.
> Registered in England No. 2367076.  Registered
Office: Trinity Road,