Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPFSMAP_TMPDIR

2001-03-26 19:35:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPFSMAP_TMPDIR
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:35:38 -0800
My /usr/openv partition is getting very full, and it's not because of
the image directory.  My /usr/openv/netbackup/db is on it's own A5100
storage array, that's how frickin huge it's getting!  So image size is
not affecting the overall /usr/openv partition on the local disk.

Under /usr/openv/netbackup there is a directory called BPFSMAP_TMPDIR,
anyone know what that is?  It's almost 4GB in size, and it contains what
looks like inode map files.  The dates range back into January and these
files are huge.

The master server is Solaris 7 with NBU 3.4.  I am also backing up
NetApp's which is the vast majority of data.  Don't know if any of that
helps but there it is.

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy