Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HSM like features

2001-03-22 10:52:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HSM like features
From: BuckRM AT NORTHAMERICA.Stortek DOT com (Buck, Robert M)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:52:49 -0700
I have a customer that is currently using NBU and backing up directly to STK
tape drives in STK silos. They now want to backup to disk first and at some
later time move that data to tape. What is the cleanest way to do that. I
know Veritas has a HSM utility but I have never seen it. Is that the best
way to go? Are there other options? Could you just make a "disk" storage
unit" and backup to that first then backup to tape as a different SU next?
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. The shop is a open systems
shop, mostly sun.

Bob Buck
Systems Engineer
Phone (303) 661-2274
Fax (303) 673-5851
mailto:buckrm AT northamerica.stortek DOT com
<mailto:buckrm AT northamerica.stortek DOT com>
One StorageTek Drive   Mail Stop 3229
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL