Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Extending expiration date on images and tape

2001-03-22 09:14:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Extending expiration date on images and tape
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:14:52 -0600
I can't speak to the bpexpdate problem, but to get images off of tapes
which are not assigned anymore (ie expired), use bpimport. I would go
into how to use it, but look at the bpimport man page. Its pretty
straight forward.

Regards,

RCA

Tim Allen wrote:

> I would like to extend the expiration dates for several images and tapes,
> but when I try it, I recieve "unable to process request".
>
> Is there something, I'm missing?
>
> bash-2.04# ./bpexpdate -ev DNV508 -d infinity
> Are you SURE you want to change DNV508
> to NEVER expire y/n (n)? y
> unable to process request
> bash-2.04# ./bpexpdate -ev DNV550 -d infinity
> Are you SURE you want to change DNV550
> to NEVER expire y/n (n)? y
> unable to process request
> bash-2.04# ./bpexpdate -ev DNV550 -d infinity -force
> unable to process request
>
> Also, I have several tapes that are now "available", but I would like to get
> the images off them if possible.  One of the problems is that "the requested
> media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database".  I
> believe this means the images on these tapes are lost to netbackup for good.
>   Am I wrong?
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tim Allen

Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com  |   952.235.9936 (pager)