Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] reserving a tape drive

2001-03-14 21:05:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] reserving a tape drive
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:05:06 -0500 (EST)
Reserving a drive is not really easy.  The only way to do it is,
in the storage unit configuration, specify the no. of drives you
want to be used.  The unspecified drives are still known to the
server and will be used for restoring, or so it is believed.
However, the system will not always pick these drives 'alone'
for restoring.  In essence, no easy way out.

-ravi