Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb specific tape

2001-03-14 13:16:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb specific tape
From: clifford thurber cthurber AT concretemedia DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:16:56 -0500
Hello,
Is there a way to backup up the netabackup database onto a specific tape,
one that isnt in the netbackup pool? Is there a good reason not to do this.
Right now my offiste dupes take up four tapes which is how many slots we
have in our CAP. So it is more convenient for me to write database backup
to one of those four tapes instead of ejecting a fifth tape which would be
from the netbackup pool. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I tried
the following command to write a backup to a specific tape that wasnt in
the netabackup pool and got the following error:

root@tapehost/ >bpbackupdb -tpath /dev/rmt/2cbn -rv CIB017
media open error

Cliff