Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN restores

2001-03-07 11:01:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN restores
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:01:47 -0600
Hello Everyone

My Oracle DBA's want to do a RMAN restore to a different Oracle server than the
one that generated the RMAN backup.   They say that with Legato, it's a matter
of setting an environmental variable to specify the alternate client name.
I've suggested to them that they provide me with a list of the Oracle servers
they wish to do this with so that I can establish the Netbackup altnames files
correctly and to try specifying the client name with the CLIENT_NAME directive
in the Oracle user's home directory's bp.conf file.

Is this the correct method?   Is there another way of passing the original
source client name to the RMAN restore process?   Has anyone out there done
this?

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer