Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris & NBU 3.4 Upgrade Compatibility

2001-03-06 12:54:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris & NBU 3.4 Upgrade Compatibility
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 12:54:05 -0500
I'm sitting in the Sun Sys Admin II class for Solaris 2.8 right now and after
everything I've heard I was considering going from Solaris 2.6 straight to
Solaris 2.8. I am currently running NBU 3.2 with the intention of going to 3.4
after the Solaris upgrade. My question is this: Will NBU 3.2 continue to run on
a Sun E450 running Solaris 2.8? Since I am the only guy in my shop that
maintains the NBU environment, I would rather reduce steps where I can. If
going straight to 2.8 keeps me from having to upgrade again next year, that's
where I want to go. I've only been doing sys admin on Sun for a couple of years
so I'm learning this as I go along. I've heard that O/S upgrades on Sun go
pretty well but it's the applications that usually throw a shoe.

Anybody have any thoughts, ideas or comments on my potential path?

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer
Tampa Electric Company