Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Intelligent Disaster Recovery

2001-03-06 10:52:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Intelligent Disaster Recovery
From: Terry Garrity terry_garrity AT cnt DOT com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:52:19 -0600

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A655.B40F02CC

We are performing a trial installation of NB 3.4.  We are attempting to
implement IDR, and want to notify you of a problem we experienced.  When
attempting to build the recovery diskettes, our IDR disk ran out of
available space.  We discovered the problem was the size of our NT 4.0
Emulex LP 8000 Fibre Channel adapter port driver, v4-1.27a3 (274k) was too
large.  Our solution was to download and install the Emulex Miniport driver,
v4-4.52a7 (56k).  This smaller driver gave us enough room to create the
diskette.  However, this driver lacks ability to control certain
configuration settings that could potentially bite us later on.
Regards,

Terry A. Garrity
SAN Integration Consultant
Computer Network Technology (CNT)
6000 Nathan Lane North
Plymouth, MN  55442
* 763-268-8733
* terry_garrity AT cnt DOT com
* www.cnt.com

 <<Terry Garrity.vcf>>

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A655.B40F02CC
        filename="Terry Garrity.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Garrity;Terry
FN:Terry Garrity
ORG:Computer Network Technology (CNT)
TITLE:SAN Integration Consultant
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:=0D=0A
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(763) 268-8733
ADR;WORK:;;6000 Nathan Lane N.;Plymouth;MN;55442;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:6000 Nathan Lane N.=0D=0APlymouth, MN
55442=0D=0AUnited States of America
ADR;HOME:;;6721 Thomas Ave. S.;Richfield;MN;55423-1958
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:6721 Thomas Ave. S.=0D=0ARichfield, MN
55423-1958
URL:http://www.cnt.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:terry_garrity AT cnt DOT com
REV:20001130T212445Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A655.B40F02CC--