Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups very slow

2001-03-05 12:06:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups very slow
From: Thorpe, Alastair at78748 AT GlaxoWellcome.co DOT uk
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 17:06:26 -0000
Hi Terese,

You do not mention your hardware platform and disk subsystem but it worth
checking out the I/O performance. We had a sudden increase in elapsed backup
time, which turned out to be nothing to do with NB, but through-put on the
our Hardware RAID had dropped off.  The battery within our hardware RAID
subsystem (Sun A3500) controller expired. This resulted in write cache being
suspended. Write cache had to be re-enabled.  On another occasion, replacing
a faulty drive in the A3500, resulted in LUN's being reconfigured which had
caused a cascade affect where controller and LUN balancing exercise was
required.

Regards Alastair Thorpe.