Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Single media backup?

2001-03-04 23:29:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Single media backup?
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:29:38 -0600
At 5:33 PM -0500 3/4/01, Ryn wrote:
>Hello folks,
>
>We just purchased a Mammoth II and want to backup several Solaris/HP clients
>with it. How
>do you setup Netbackup when you are using a single tape daily? I have been
>parsing the -bu
>archives and the netbackup site for a configuration similar to this. I have
>never setup netbackup
>in this type of configuration before.
>
>Thanks for any info/docs.

Hi Ryn-

Well if I read your question right, you just want to make sure that all of your
backed up systems have their data written onto the same single tape?

That's certainly simple enough to do: just define that tape, and no other tape,
in the media management GUI.  The risk is that you will eventually run out of
space on that single tape!  (unless you are retaining your backups for a very
short time?)

If this isn't the answer you are looking for, please expand on your original
question a bit.

rob