Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 81 errors

2001-03-01 19:42:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 81 errors
From: Harold Skelly Jr. hskelly AT colltech DOT com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:42:40 -0800 (PST)
Dan, do you actually see the shared drive on media server, server2?  I found
the
wizards to be non-helpful in setting up SSO.  I used the tpconfig interface with
much better effect.

Hal

ps.  don't forget to name the drives uniquely on each server even though shared.
H.

"Sixbury, Dan asserts: "
=]
=]
=] I am backing up via 2 media servers across a SAN to shared tape drive in a
=] library.  Master/Media server1 is able to back up without problems to the
=] library.
=]
=] When I try to backup files from/through media server, server2 I get 81
=] errors.  81 says that the Media Manager volume daemon is not active, yet I
=] can tell that the vmd is in fact running.  If I play around with vm.conf I
=] will sometimes get a status 96 error?
=]
=] Thanks,
=] Dan
=] _______________________________________________
=] Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
=] http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu
=]

  \ \ \                 | Hal Skelly, consultant
 \ \ * *                        | Solaris, Backup, Storage Management
\\ *  COLLECTIVE                | BEST WAY:  hskelly AT colltech DOT com
 \*                             | (619) 218-2291 (cell)
  *                             | http://www.colltech.com