Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd -self failing in multi-homed environment

2001-03-01 18:30:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd -self failing in multi-homed environment
From: Conlon, Thomas E (Tom), SITS conlont AT att DOT com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:30:54 -0500

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A2A7.A91B2320

Help!

        I am trying to get a Win NT NetBackup 3.2 client (master server is
on Solaris 7) with OTM loaded and the SQL db agent to work in a dual-homed
NIC configuration.  The main NIC is connected to our WAN with one additional
virtual IP addy, and the secondary NIC is connected to our SAN.

        The hostname is "OC70", and the alias we are using for DNS reverse
lookup (Lucent QIP DNS 5.2) is "OC70-B".  I have an entry in hosts aliasing
the private SAN IP addy as OC70-B, a pre-cached LMHOSTS entry with the same
info, as well as a static WINS entry with the same info.

        Bpclntcmd -self still reports the hostname of OC70 for all 3
interfaces.  The best I can come up with is that this a bad port from UNIX
with the gethostbyname function improperly implemented into winsock.  Any
ideas?  Thank you very much.

-tc

Thomas Conlon
AT&T Solutions
Global Networks
Service Management Center
429 Ridge Rd.
Dayton, NJ 08810-1323

vox:    (732) 392-5349
fax:    (732) 392-3197
cell:   (732) 310-5330
beep:   (888) 858-7243  pin 112916

conlont AT att DOT com

 <<Conlon, Thomas E (Tom), SITS.vcf>>

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A2A7.A91B2320
        filename="Conlon, Thomas E (Tom), SITS.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Conlon;Thomas
FN:Conlon, Thomas E (Tom), SITS
ORG:BM (AT&T BUSINESS SERVICES);SITS (AT&T SOL-BS CONTINUITY SERVICE)
TITLE:TECHNICAL STAFF MEMBER
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1 732 392-5349
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+1 732 310-5330
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:+1 800 258-0000 9557040
ADR;WORK:;2S72;429 RIDGE RD;DAYTON;NJ;08810-0000;UNITED STATES
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:2S72=0D=0A429 RIDGE RD=0D=0ADAYTON, NJ
08810-0000=0D=0AUNITED STATES
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:conlont AT att DOT com
REV:20010124T200502Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A2A7.A91B2320--