Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Combining MBU master servers

2001-02-28 09:05:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Combining MBU master servers
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:05:45 -0600
Buck:

I have done this several times.  Combining masters can be a tricky, very
tricky thing (if there are media servers involved).  The first place I would
point you is to the Troubleshooting Guide, Appendix A - Functional Overview.
If you can understand the functional overview completely, you should be
prepared to combine the masters. Its worth mentioning a second time...are
these masters also MEDIA Servers?

The key is to understand what is REALLY affected between your servers and
how you will actually need to affect your new databases once the merge is
complete.

As you can see, I don't have an outline that you can follow, simply because
it is somewhat unique per site.  But I will say again that the Functional
Overview is critical.

Let me know what the environment looks like and I'll try to guide you as
much as possible.

david

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting