Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drives & controllers

2001-02-23 12:32:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drives & controllers
From: Steve White stevew AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:32:36 -0500
Sort of.  The problem is that just because you have a 40MB/sec controller,
that doesn't mean it can sustain that transfer rate for a period of
time...it's more like a burst rate.  I'd take off 20% to be safe and use
32MB per second for my anticipated maximum transfer rate.  Thus I'd only put
2 DLT-8000 drives per bus. It's sort of like Ethernet...you really won't get
100Mb/sec sustained throughput.

Steve