Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup within a SAN environment

2001-02-22 09:42:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup within a SAN environment
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:42:12 -0600

Has anyone implemented a NetBackup solution within a SAN environment, and if
so are there any issues I should know about?

We will have a tape library, unix servers, NT servers all accessible through
a switched fabric (fibre).  I would think that the clients shouldn't have
problems with backups as they will still use IP to communicate with the
master server, but I wondered if there would be any issues with seeing the
tape library across the SAN?

Thanks,
Dan