Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on NDMP proxy

2001-02-20 11:43:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on NDMP proxy
From: Blake, Delroy delroy.blake AT gs DOT com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:43:37 -0500
I have not done it with Veritas but if you use NDMP V3 on the filer and on
the SUN host you can do this. I have a F8xx filer and a Sun e450R which runs
NDMP and is connected to a ADIC S1000 and I am able to do NDMP backups to
the Scalar using the Sun Box as a proxy.
Delroy Blake
Goldman Sachs
Storage Capacity Management
180 Maiden LN
New York NY 10038
Tel: 212 902 6657
Fax 917 343-0811

All disk drives are rated in MTBF
That's mean time between failures.
The question is not if your disk will crash but when.
Got BACKUP?