Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup + GroupWise?

2001-02-19 11:35:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup + GroupWise?
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:35:00 -0500
Ryan,

I'm backing up plenty of Novell 4.11 servers that are running GroupWise. I just
back them up like normal file servers. There is no known feature that I'm aware
of that allows for the backup and restore of the individual post office boxes
within GroupWise. What I usually have to do when I do a restore is to bring
back the entire Post Office Domain to a bogus directory and let our GroupWise
administrators extract out what they need and delete the rest. Please let me
know if you have additional questions on setting up the backups for Novell.
Although not too complicated, they did require a little work on my part. If
you're going to be Novell version 5, you might have a little easier time.

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer
Tampa Electric Company

>>> RYAN ANDERSON <RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com> 02/19/01 11:25 AM >>>
Has anyone out there backed up Novell GroupWise running on NetWare with
NetBackup? Is OTM required to accomplish this? I'm running NetBackup 3.2
on Solaris 2.6, though I'm about to upgrade to 3.4 real soon. I'm
interested because we are changing our mail system to GroupWise and
Novell has been less than forthcoming on GroupWise's ability to be
backed up by NetBackup.

Thanks,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)