Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Compression and DLT 7000

2001-02-19 06:01:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Compression and DLT 7000
From: Dave Pearson (EML) Dave.Pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:01:51 +0100
Hi Clifford,

I'm no Unix expert but I look after the Netbackup system on our E450 which has
and L11000 with 4 DLT7000. Looking at the Media List for our tapes, most full
tapes are around the 50-60Gb mark but they mainly backup small data files or
the Exchange database, both of which are quite well compressed anyway.

I checked our ST.CONF and it looked a bit different to yours:
#DLT7k-data = 1,0x38,0,0x1D639,4,0x82,0x83,0x84,0x85,2;

Apart from the different device type and options, our default density is 0x83
whereas yours is 0x0.

Could this account for some of the discrepancies?

Dave Pearson
Ericsson Mobile Communications (UK) Ltd.
* +44-1256-864700
* dave.pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se