Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] placing auto_update_robot in to vm.conf

2001-02-14 19:30:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] placing auto_update_robot in to vm.conf
From: Dennis Pozzi pastor AT cisco DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:30:39 -0800
Before we upgraded  from Netbackup 3.2 to 2.4 we experimented with both
the auto_update_robot and disable_use_seed options in vm.conf.
Neither of these did anything until we upgraded to 3.4. Now appearantly
whenever we put anything in the cap and we have the option enabled, the
tapes are moved, barcode rules are followed, and media is added to the
correct pool.

Has anyone else had experimented with these options ?
I will be testing to see what happens when you intentionally move media
to the cap.
So far the media is left there until the "cap" is opened and closed
again.

We are experimenting with "tape shuffling" and automated tape removal.
The tape shuffling works fine but for some reason takes "two passes".
This appears to be because the tape locations in software do not match
the physical locations in the robot.
I need to find a way to force a "library audit" from software before
doing a vmupdate to verify my theory.

Dennis Pozzi
Cisco Systems