Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STATUS 99 During NDMP Backup of NetAPP

2001-02-14 15:22:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STATUS 99 During NDMP Backup of NetAPP
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:22:53 -0500
What a painful process this has been. We're to the point now where NBU will
connect to the tape drives and begin transmitting data based on the files we
added to the backup class. However, it seems to backup the first directory we
specified but cannot backup the other two. Directories were specified in the
form of

/vol/dirname1
/vol/dirname2
/vol/dirname3

The error message tells us that the directory may not exist, but we can see it
and know that it does. The message also indicates the files might be busy. The
only difference we can see between dirname1 and the other two is that dirname1
is not being mirrored. We tried turning off the mirror to see if maybe that was
a contributing factor but the results were the same. We are so close to getting
this thing to work ... it's very frustrating to try everything in your bag of
tricks with no success. Any tips or ideas?

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer
Tampa Electric Company