Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using CAP/Mailslot and Netbackup 3.4

2001-02-09 09:56:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using CAP/Mailslot and Netbackup 3.4
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:56:54 -0600
Took the words right out of my mouth.

There are serveral ways to skin this cat...naturally all produce the same
result.  If you play around with tldtest you soon find that you will be able
to move your tape to you mailcap, keep track of which slots in the mail cap
are in use, etc.

Just remember if you use this method you still need to LOGICALLY remove the
media from the database.

There are a few examples through the Advanced Scripting Mail list that have
come up this week.  I'm sure one of them would fill the need (with some
modifications perhaps).

David