Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Label Conspiracy

2001-02-05 14:42:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Label Conspiracy
From: Michael Traves mtraves.news AT home DOT com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:42:39 -0500
Run into a problem with Labels.... ack.

When using an L280 library from SUN, operations staff has been putting tapes
into the robot and updating the media database based upon where they believe
they put the tapes.  As the L280 has no barcode reader, NBU has to "trust"
the operators.  Our attempts to recover data however, has lead us to believe
that these not all tapes were inserted or updated correctly.....

Is there a way to determine what label has been applied to a tape that
Veritas creates, so that we can relabel (external barcode) it properly?

Cheers,

Mike