Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Full status notification

2001-02-05 13:16:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Full status notification
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:16:25 -0800 (PST)
Bill/All:

I don't like advertising like this on another list, but
I think the timing is right.

I have been maintaining a mailing list for the last
year or two that has been devoted to Advanced Scripting
with Netbackup.

It started out at a request from a Chicago based NBU
user group that wanted to share ideas, etc.  Then the
students from my Advanced Netbackup classes were
looking for a way to get the scripts I talk about in
class.  So after some time I re-launched my list to be
focused on NBU Scripting.  Its a quiet little list that
most people use to access the scripts that I have
created  and others have shared.

The way we have it set up now is by invitation only, so
my list administrator will be a very busy person if
there is a great interest in this list.

Its not a real fancy site, but it accomplishes the
original goal, which is a quiet place to share ideas,
concepts and scripts with regard to NetBackup.

If anyone would be interested, send an email to

majordomo AT datastaff DOT com

with the following in the BODY of your email

subscribe NBU-LSERV

BILL:  The short answer is I have a script (actually
two) that may give you the results you are looking
for.  It is a tape rotation script, that looks at the
age of the tapes their status and reports candidates
for removal.  It works pretty good.

David

Quoting "Schuller, William" <wschuller AT Cayenta DOT com>:

> Is there an easy way to have NB send an email based
on a threshold of
> available space in a library? I need to know when I
have only one blank
> tape
> left so I can get them changed out before they fill
up. I suppose I could
> write a script to do this, but I don't want to re-
invent the wheel.