Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command line to change Netbackup DB backupdestination?

2001-02-02 15:00:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command line to change Netbackup DB backupdestination?
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:00:36 -0600
If you look at the documentation on how to setup the DB backup for
automation, you can have up to two destinations and they are either disk or
media manager locations.  That's pretty straightforward...however...

The only thing that becomes less than straightforward is when you want to
move outside that paradigm and maintain more than 2 copies for whatever
reason.  In that case, you have to script it.  Or if you are doing
duplication and as part of the duplication set you want to include a copy of
the DB, the you will script that as well.

The best thing about Netbackup is that you are giving so much flexibility.
Some would say to a fault, but I would STRONGLY disagree, flexibility is the
name of the game the more you GUI-tize things the less flexible they tend to
become.

LONG LIVE THE CLI!!!

Just my opinion of course...

David Chapa