Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes not unmounting after completion of backups

2001-01-31 14:31:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes not unmounting after completion of backups
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:31:01 -0600
It has been somewhat of a random error until yesterday and I too opened an
incident today.  I'm not sure quite when it occurs, but much like your
site, only a manual reset of the drives will unload the tape.  I've went
through the robtest procedures and that utility thinks it unloads and
places the tape back in the proper slot.  The device management utility
still shows the tape as being in the drive.

"Patrick Boyle" <PBoyle AT esri DOT com> on 01/31/2001 11:56:08 AM