Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes not unmounting after completion of backups

2001-01-31 12:56:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes not unmounting after completion of backups
From: Patrick Boyle PBoyle AT esri DOT com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:56:08 -0800
Is this a random error?

We just opened a call with Support on this same issue.

It only occurs after a weekend of fulls, different drives
each weekend, and only a manual reset of the drives will
unload the tapes.  mt and robtest do not see a tape loaded.
AIT tape drives (started with AIT-1 and we recently upgraded to AIT-2).
Error code on the drives is "Flashing Code 1" (Waiting for eject)
Was also happening before we upgraded to 3.4...

Patrick Boyle
ESRI Systems Administration
Voice:          [909] 793-2853  Ext. 1-1461
Numeric Pager:  [909] 777-2791
E-mail:         PBoyle AT esri DOT com