Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] commvault

2001-01-26 12:04:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] commvault
From: Oswald, Michael J (Michael) mjoswald AT avaya DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:04:49 -0700
Yes, Bell Labs I believe.

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Chapa [mailto:david AT datastaff DOT com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 1:13 PM
To: Dennis Dwyer
Cc: TRR AT inel DOT gov; Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] commvault

Wasn't commvault an AT&T product (before the spinoff) ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Dennis Dwyer wrote:

> I've used them in a previous life. At the time (1992-93) they were the
best available. Unless they've re-architected they way their product works,
I believe it relies heavily on using their optical disk device as well. If
they let you attach to any device or devices you already own, I guess it
wouldn't be too bad. They worked fine but I thought the restore times were a
little elongated. I also remember that it was command line driven but I'm
sure they've built a GUI by now. Like I said, it's been several years since
I've seen or worked with their stuff. I did not consider them when I went
out looking for suitable backup solutions at my current place of employment.