Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Running bpstart_notify under specified user

2001-01-19 09:17:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Running bpstart_notify under specified user
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:17:19 -0500
Pierryves,

I just went through a similar situation and coincidently enough, got my answer
from this list server. For UNIX all I did was add a line in the bpstart or
bpstop script to execute a su command as a specific user. It looks like this

/usr/bin/su - user -c command_string

It works fine and I've had no problems with it. I can't speak for NT but would
be interested to hear any replies on this subject. If you review the archives
of this list server for December and January, you will probably see all the
back and forth chat that I initiated to learn how to do this on a UNIX platform.

Good Luck

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Fournier, Pierryves" <pyf AT agicoa DOT org> 01/19/01 08:50AM >>>
Hi everybody,

we run NetBackup 3.4 DataCenter under NT. We backup NT and Unix
clients. Under Unix clients, we need to execute various commands,
such as data exports or database shutdown.
These commands need to be be executed under specific users (root or
oracle, for example). But how to run bpstart/end_scripts under a specified
user, if this is possible ?

Thanks for any answer !

FOURNIER Pierryves
Ingénieur infrastructure / Infrastructure engineer
AGICOA
26, rue de Saint-Jean
1203 GENEVE
Tel : +41 22 340 32 00