Veritas-bu

[veritas-bu] Cannot initialize tape drive?

2001-01-18 15:57:23
Subject: [veritas-bu] Cannot initialize tape drive?
From: Bennie Patridge ben AT evergo DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:57:23 -0800
Hello fello backup folk,

I am having trouble initializing my DLT7000 Scalar

I have attached to one of my ultra Solaris 7
machines; the machine "faith" is a client to my NB

server "tapeworm".  Everything was working fine,
then I started receiving the error messages below.

No changes were made to the system, this just
started happening? So far I have attempted the
following:

1.  Removed the drive and robot from net-backup
and re-added them both
2.  used robtest (tldtest)
3.  ran diagnostics on the Scalar
4.  stopped all netbackup daemons (server/client)
5.  ran sgscan:
[root:faith:~ ] sgscan
/dev/sg/c1t5l0: Tape (/dev/rmt/0): "QUANTUM
DLT7000"
/dev/sg/c1t6l0: Changer: "ADIC    Scalar DLT 448"

6. rebooted the machine and the NB server.

7. analyzed /var/log/messages for additional clues

Thanks in advance,

#!/ben

robtest output
Configured robots with local control supporting
test utilities:
  TLD(0)     robotic path = /dev/sg/c1t6l0

Robot Selection
---------------
  1)  TLD 0
  2)  none/quit
Enter choice: 1

Robot selected: TLD(0)   robotic path =
/dev/sg/c1t6l0

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r /dev/sg/c1t6l0

Opening /dev/sg/c1t6l0
mode_sense failed, CHECK CONDITION
sense key = 0x2, asc = 0x4, ascq = 0x1, LOGICAL
UNIT IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY
Enter tld commands (? returns help information)
init
Initiating INITIALIZE_ELEMENT_STATUS
initialize_element_status failed, CHECK CONDITION

--

Bennie Patridge