Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media ID Not Found in NB Database

2001-01-16 09:19:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media ID Not Found in NB Database
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:19:41 -0500
I recently tried to put a DLT tape in FREEZE status using the following command:

bpmedia -freeze -ev cdy754

I received the following message:

Requested media ID was not found in NB Media database and/or MM Volume database

The tape shows up in my library and when I reconcile the contents of the
library with NBU there are no discrepancies. I have issued the same command for
other tapes and they work fine.

I'm beginning to get STATUS 84 messages for some tapes (they are some of my
older ones) and I freeze them until the current images expire and then replace
them. This is the first time I've not been able to get at one of them.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice